JUMPOFF: MADDEN 22 RULES & GUIDELINES
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
Online Qualifier Rules
The following are the Official Rules (“Official Rules”) of the Jump Off: Madden 22™ Tournament (“JMOT”). Any issues that arise which are not covered within these Official Rules will be settled at the discretion of the Tournament Organizer. Rules may be added or modified at anytime, if deemed necessary.
Jump Off: Madden 22™ Tournament Online Qualifier (“Event”) will be held November 27, 2021 to December 18, 2021. Where the top two (2) players from each weekend advance to the Finals.
During Events, eligible players who qualify and/or are invited to compete in the Event (“Competitors”) engage in gameplay that may be broadcasted over the internet or other media, as well as involve competition at live venues (“Live Events”).
Additional Events will be added to these Official Rules as they are announced.
All federal, state, provincial, and local laws and regulations apply.
Players in the JOMT must:
- Be at least thirteen (13) years old upon acceptance of the Official Rules for the JOMT.
- Accept these Official Rules.
- For players under the age of majority in their territory of residence, a parent or legal guardian must review and consent to these Official Rules on their behalf, and accompany them to any in-person Live Events.
- Be a resident of the United States (including the District of Columbia).
- Properly register for the JOMT at https://jumpoff.gg.
Proof of Residency:
Competitors may be required to provide proof of residency to compete in the JMOT. The sufficiency of any such proof or documentation will be determined by JMOT Officials (or its agent) in its sole discretion.
Competitors who participate in Live Events will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Eligibility, and must certify their country of permanent residence by providing a government-issued identification, such as a driver’s license, identification card, or work visa with a photo, name and physical address in an eligible country.
Competitors under the age of majority in their territory of residence may provide a school identification card if government-issued identification is not available and their parent or legal guardian must also provide government-issued identification.
The registration fee (“Player Pass”) acts as player entry for Competitors. All Player Passes are non-refundable unless in the event of an accidental duplicate purchase of the same Player Pass in a single checkout session.
Early Bird: $40.00
A player interested in purchasing a Buy-Back for a future Online Qualifier weekend must log-in to their account to access the Buy-Back passes. Users who cannot access their accounts may request a Forgot Password email by clicking here.
Players may register for any of the Online Qualifier weekends. The Player Pass is specific for the weekend a player registers for, and cannot be transferred to another weekend.
A player is welcome to registering for multiple weekends or purchasing a Buy-Back into a future weekend to gain another chance of placing in the Top 2, in the event that a player does not advance to the Finals for the weekend they signed up for.
- Weekend 1 — November 27
- Early Bird: 11/6 — 11/17
- Standard: 11/18 — 11/23
- Late: 11/25 — 11/26
- Weekend 2 — December 4
- Early Bird: 11/6 — 11/24
- Standard: 11/25 — 11/30
- Late: 12/1 — 12/3
- Weekend 3 — December 11
- Early Bird: 11/6 — 11/30
- Standard: 12/1 — 12/7
- Late: 12/8 — 12/10
- Weekend 4 — December 18
- Early Bird: 11/6 — 12/4
- Standard: 12/5 — 12/11
- Late: 12/12 — 12/17
The end cut-off for all registration dates will be the Friday 6:00 PM PT prior to each Online Qualifier weekend.
Registrations will be closed for respective Online Qualifier weekends on the cut-off mark, with future weekends remaining open.
1. To participate in The JOMT, Competitors must have the following equipment:
- Next Gen: Xbox Series or PlayStation 5 console connected to the internet with an online subscription.
- 1 controller
- Gamer Username (Gamertag/PSN Online ID)
- TV or monitor
- Madden 22™ game
- Access to communicate on the application, Discord
- A YouTube or Twitch account
- Ability to livestream matches (for info about livestream settings, click here)
2. By participating in this tournament, you agree to share your Gamer Username with the rest of the participants in the tournament. Your first name or Gamer ID will also be used on the Discord™ Communication app and the JumpOff.gg website for the game schedule and tournament updates.
3. Once registration is closed and the number of participants has been determined, the tournament layout will be emailed to all participants (see Rule 26 for details on possible Tournament Layouts).
4. Communication for the tournament will be held on the Discord app (see Rules 21-25 for details on the tournament communication).
5. Upon completion of each game, each player must take a picture of the final score and indicate what team you played as. This picture then must be posted on the Discord group chat to be reviewed.
6. Please ensure the integrity of your internet connection before checking in for a Match.
7. Set up your livestream and ensure that video settings are in accordance to the JumpOff Livestream Rules (click here for more info).
8. Check In starts 30 minutes before the scheduled Matchtime.
- EXAMPLE: Check in starts at 6:00 P.M. for Matches that take place at 6:30 P.M.
9. Participants are allowed a maximum of a 10 minute break in between Games.
- If a Participant is unable to play within 10 minutes of the previous Game, the Participant may be subject to a forfeit of the upcoming Game.
10. Each Participanthas 60 minutes from Gamestart time to report all scores, or the Participant will be given a disqualification for that Game.
- EXAMPLE: If Games start at 6:30 P.M., they must be reported by 7:30 P.M.
11. Before playing your game, each player must add each other as a “friend” on their console.
12. To set up your game, load Madden 22™ on your device and follow these steps:
- Select Exhibition 6. Edit Game Settings (Settings are listed in rule 15)
- Online Head to Head 7. Send Game Invite
- Play A Friend 8. Select your team
- Select the opponent you are scheduled to play 9. Ready Up!
- Create Game
13. Players can choose to be any of the 32 NFL Teams.
14. Games must be played with the most up to date Madden 22™ rosters.
15. Team Selection:
- Any current NFL Team may be selected.
- You are permitted to change teams between after each game.
16. A player can pick the same team as the opponent.
17. Games ending in a forfeit will have a final score of 28-0
18. Players are strongly discouraged from quitting out of matches during play. If a player intentionally disconnects from the game, the game will be considered a forfeit.
19. If a player unintentionally disconnects from the game and is not able to reconnect to the game, the following
- Disconnected any time before 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter:
- a) If a team is winning by 28 or more points and the losing team disconnects, then the game will be
- b) If a team is winning by 28 or more points and the winning team disconnects, then follow option
- c) If a team is not winning by 28 or more points: players will restart the game and then work
together to manually adjust all aspects of the game to match (or closest to) the point of the
disconnect. These aspects include, game time, score, timeouts and if a player reached their “X-
- a) If a team is winning by 28 or more points and the losing team disconnects, then the game will be
- Disconnected under the last 2 minutes of the 4th quarter: Game will be considered complete. If the game is tied, then the two players will restart the game and it will act as an “Overtime”. The player winning after the first quarter will be declared the winner. If the game is still tied, this scenario will continue until there is a player winning at the end of a quarter.
20.a. Games will be played with the following game settings:
- Quarter Length: 5 minutes
- Play Clock: 40 seconds (default, cannot change)
- Skill Level: All-Madden
- Weather: Clear
- Injuries: 0
- Fatigue: 50
- Accelerated Clock: Off
- Game Speed: Normal
- Game Style: Competitive
- Event Type: Quick Presentation
- Auto Sprint: Default On
- Auto Strafe: Default On
- Heat Seeker: Default On
- Ball Hawk: Default On
- Switch Assist: Default Off
- Autoplay Flip: Off
- Camera Setting: Standard
20.b. Additional Gameplay Rules
- Onside Kicks: Onside kicks are not allowed in the first half. A Player may attempt an onside kick at any time in the 2nd half.
- Excessive Offsides: Neither the offense nor defense should purposefully go offsides with the intent of delaying the game nor exhibiting unsportsmanlike conduct.
- Improper Audibles: Competitors may not audible out of the QB Kneel, Wildcat, Field Goal, or Punt formations.
21. The Tournament Official will send an email prior to the start of the tournament for all of the tournament details. The rest of the communication will be through the Discord app.
22. At the beginning of the tournament, the Tournament Official will invite you to join the Discord group chat.
23. Players must communicate with each other on the Discord app for an agreed game time.
24. For instructions on how to use the Discord app, see the “Discord Basics” document sent by the Tournament Official.
25. It is strongly discouraged for players to “party up” during the game to prevent players talking to each other before, during and after the game.
26. The Tournament layout will be determined based on the number of participants registered by the deadline. Here are the different tournaments that may be played:
- Single Elimination
27. No matter the tournament format, each match will be processed in a single versus game, otherwise known as “Best of 1”.
- Seeding and Home/Away will be decided randomly.
28. This schedule will be posted on the JumpOff.gg website.
Cash prizes for the Final will be distributed as follows:
Competitors in the JMOT will play for a total cash prize pool of Twenty Four Thousand United States Dollars (USD $24,000)
Prizes won at Events are not transferable. No substitution of prizes for other goods and services is permitted, except that Klic and THZ Productions reserve the right to provide a substitute of approximately equal or greater value if an advertised prize is unavailable or not allowed by local law. All federal, state, provincial and local taxes, and international tariffs are the sole responsibility of the individual winner.
Winning Competitors must sign a Prize Winner Declaration within ninety (90) days of completion of the Event to claim a prize. If a winning Competitor fails to sign and/or return the Prize Winner Declaration, refuses the prize, or is ineligible to accept the prize, the Competitor forfeits the prize.
Failure to communicate banking information or delivery method to prize distribution vendor in a timely manner may result in forfeiture of the prize. If a winning Competitor is a minor in his or her state, country or province of residence, that Competitor’s parent or legal guardian (as required by law) will be required to sign all necessary documents upon verification of identification. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event a winning Competitor is disqualified, or a prize is forfeited for any reason, Klic and THZ Productions retain the discretion to donate the applicable prize to a charity of its choosing. Potential winners may be required to provide a valid shipping address to claim a prize. Allow up to three (3) months for delivery of prizes.
In the event Klic and THZ Produtions cancels or suspends the JMOT pursuant to the rules herein, prizes will be awarded for all Events prior to such cancellation or suspension in accordance with the applicable rules, if any.
Finality of Decisions
29. All decisions regarding the interpretation of rules listed are solely decided by Tournament Officials.
30. All rules not outlined in the rule book are up to the interpretation of Tournament Officials, who have the discretion to punish based on the severity.
Acceptance of Official Rules and Changes to Rules
To compete in the Events, Competitors must accept these Official Rules as well as any Rules for any another respective Event.
These Official Rules may be updated by Klic and THZ Productions without notice as necessary, including without limitation, to add further clarity, correct errors, comply with changes in applicable law, or address matters that arise after their publication.
Klic and THZ Productions reserve the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the JMOT, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper operation of the JMOT, as determined by Klic and THZ Productions in its sole discretion. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the JMOT may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and Klic and THZ Productions reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
By participating in the JMOT, Competitors agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Klic and THZ Productions, as defined herein.
Finally, each player must abide by the Esports – Player Code of Conduct! Esports – Player Code of Conduct Esports should be an open and welcoming environment, where all parties involved feel safe, have fun and develop their skills. To create such an environment, we need to take personal responsibility for how we behave toward other players. By following the rules set out below, we make the Esports environment a safe and fun place for everyone.
As an Esports player, I adhere to the rules below:
- I will not use any profane language, nicknames or other expressions that would insult another player.
- I will not use language that refers to sexual violence or other violence.
- I will not taunt the other player and I will show good sportsmanship before, during, and after the game.
- I will respect the game being played and control my temper.
Failure to comply will result in disciplinary actions being taken to resolve the issue. Actions may include but are not limited to verbal warnings, automatic forfeits and or suspensions. Incidents will be handled how staff deems appropriate based on the severity of the incident.
Participation in Live Events:
Travel for Competing in In-Person Live Events
Klic and THZ Productions may provide travel accommodations at Klic and THZ Productions’ expense for some Competitors who qualify (or are invited) to compete in a Live Event. For Competitors with travel expenses paid by Klic and THZ Productions, the selection of transportation carriers, hotels, and/or related transfers, will be at Klic and THZ Productions’ sole discretion. Klic and THZ Productions reserve the right to provide ground transportation instead of airfare based on a Competitor’s travel distance from a Live Event. If a Competitor requests special travel or accommodation plans, such as different travel dates, different carriers, or departure/arrival cities other than the designated city for the tournament, and if the cost of the special travel request exceeds that of the standard tournament travel plans, Klic and THZ Productions may require the Competitor to cover the difference in cost.
Declaration of Eligibility and Request for Biographic Information
In order to participate in Live Events, receive travel accommodations to in-person Live Events, and/or receive equipment from Klic and THZ Productions to participate in online-only Live Events, Competitors must sign a Declaration of Eligibility and complete the Request for Biographic Information. Declaration of Eligibility will be sent to Competitors at the email addresses associated with the JMOT Accounts used to register for Events as described in these Official Rules. If a Competitor does not complete and return the Declaration of Eligibility and Request for Biographic Information within two (2) business days of attempted notification, fails to sign and/or return the Declaration of Eligibility within the required time period, refuses travel, is ineligible to accept travel, or is unavailable to travel during the required dates listed in Event Rules for the specific Event, the Competitor forfeits travel accommodations, as well as their place in the respective Event.
If a Competitor is a minor in his or her territory of residence, the Competitor’s parent or legal guardian will be required to sign all necessary documents to accept travel and must accompany the Competitor to the Live Event. In these instances, travel accommodations will include additional airfare for one (1) parent or legal guardian. Competitor and parent/legal guardian must travel together on the same itinerary and will share hotel accommodations.
Other Details Related to Travel and Accommodations
Receiving travel accommodations is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event a Competitor is disqualified, or travel is forfeited for any reason, Klic and THZ Productions may award that Competitor’s transportation, accommodations, current placement in the Event, and/or the prize associated with Competitor’s current placement to an alternate player.
Incidentals for travel, including, without limitation: telephone calls, facsimile charges, Internet charges, spa/beauty salon services, laundry, tours/excursions, gift shop purchases, hotel processing fees, airline service charges and any other expenses not mentioned in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the Competitor or parent/guardian, and the Competitor may be asked to account for any such incidental charges by providing the applicable hotel with a credit card. Hotel and airfare cannot be used separately. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability and certain restrictions. Any extra nights’ stay and any additional costs associated with an extended stay are the sole responsibility of the Competitor and his or her parent/guardian. Valid passport and/or other travel documentation may be required, which is the responsibility of each Competitor. Additional restrictions may apply.
In order to participate in a Live Event, potential prize winners may first be required to submit to a background check and provide the necessary information that Klic and THZ Productions requests to be eligible to receive a prize. Klic and THZ Productions reserve the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any potential winner based on such background check if Klic and THZ Productions determine, in its sole discretion, that awarding a prize to such winner might reflect negatively on Klic and THZ Productions and/or their agents, subsidiaries, associates, etc.
Competitor Conduct, Prohibited Behavior, and Rule Enforcement
Expectations of Competitor Conduct
Competitors must conduct themselves in accordance with commonly accepted standards of decency, social conventions and morals, and to not commit any act or become involved in any situation or make any statement which brings disrepute, contempt, scandal, ridicule, or disdain to the Competitor, Klic and THZ Productions, JMOT affiliates, the JMOT, or to its Competitors and sponsors, and credible allegations thereof.
These requirements apply to live, offline, and online interactions, in and out of the JMOT, including with respect to social media conduct and activity on live streams, past conduct, and during Events. All Competitors are expected to adhere to the standards of sportsmanship and the EA Rules of Conduct, available at terms.ea.com, at all times, including when not participating in EA-sanctioned events.
JMOT Accounts, the leaderboard and match data may be audited, including for malicious behavior and cheating. Any Competitor may be disqualified immediately from the JMOT and related competitions, at the discretion of Klic and THZ Productions or its designees, for any reason, including for any failure to comply with any rules stated Klic and THZ Productions and/or found herein:
- Violating any law, rule or regulation, as determined by Klic and THZ Productions in its sole discretion;
- Using any software or program that damages, interferes with or disrupts an Klic and THZ Productions service or another’s computer or property;
- Using any external software designed to give the Competitor an unfair advantage;
- Interfering with or disrupting another Competitior’s participation in the JMOT;
- Harassing, threatening, bullying, engaging in hate speech, repeatedly sending unwanted messages, including making personal attacks or statements about race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc.;
- Publishing, posting, uploading, or distributing content, or organizing/participating in any activity, group or guild that Klic and THZ Productions (acting reasonably) determines is inappropriate, abusive, hateful (e.g., expressing negative views about a person or group of people based on gender, race, immigration status, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, or similar characteristics), harassing, profane, defamatory, threatening, obscene, sexually explicit and/or exploitive, infringing, privacy-invasive, vulgar or otherwise inconsistent with the goodwill of EA or the NFL, offensive, indecent or unlawful;
- Using exploits, cheats, undocumented features, design errors or bugs in the JMOT;
- Selling, buying, trading or otherwise transferring or offering to transfer an EA Account or any EA content associated with an EA Account, including EA virtual currency and other entitlements, either within an EA service or on a third party website, or in connection with any out-of-game transaction, unless expressly authorized by EA;
- Promoting, encouraging or taking part in any prohibited activity described above.
Every Competitor must maintain an appropriate level of respect, in Klic and THZ Productions’ sole judgment, toward other Competitors, and the Event Officials. Threatening or inappropriate behavior towards Event Officials and/or other Competitors will not be tolerated. Competitors must follow the instructions of Event Officials at all times.
Examples of Prohibited Behaviors
The following behaviors expressly are prohibited during the JMOT:
- Competitors watching video streams and/or listening to live coverage of their own match while the match is still in progress.
- Collusion, as defined inherein of these Official Rules.
- Intentionally disconnecting from the Internet during any match;
- Abusive or disorderly behavior, including harassment, threats, and any use of harassing, negative, or profane language online
- Fighting or any physical abuse directed at any Competitor, spectator, Event Official or any other person.
- Damage and/or abuse to game consoles, controllers, or any provided tournament equipment.
- Taking advantage of known exploits in the Game (it is the responsibility of players to understand and avoid all current illegal exploits).
- Any action that interferes with match play, including but not limited to purposely breaking a game station, interfering with power, and abuse of in-game pausing.
- Gambling, including betting on the outcome of games.
- Soliciting and/or accepting bribes.
- Disclosing any confidential information provided by Klic and THZ Productions or any of its affiliates, including to any other people or groups of people, and/or via social media.
- Carrying out any third-party promotional activity in connection with the JMOT unless approved in advance in writing by Klic and THZ Productions.
- Failing to be available for any post-tournament awards ceremonies, interviews, and the entirety of a Live Event, as well as any promotional activities reasonably requested by Klic and THZ Productions or other sponsors.
Any action or agreement to disadvantage other Competitors to predetermine the outcome of a match, to try to lose a match, or to limit efforts to win a match is strictly prohibited.
Any Competitors determined by Klic and THZ Productions to be violating this rule at any phase in the JMOT may be removed from the JMOT. Such Competitors may be forced to forfeit or return any compensation and/or prizes and may have their EA and/or Game accounts suspended.
Examples of collusion include, but are not limited to:
- Intentionally losing a match for any reason at any portion of an Event.
- Playing on behalf of another Competitor, including using a secondary account, to aid them during any portion of an Event.
- Any form of match-fixing.
- Soft play, defined as a Competitor not giving their best effort or not taking reasonable and fair actions to gain advantages against their opponent during a match.
- Agreeing to split prize money; and
- Allowing an opponent to score more or less points than they normally would to impact the rankings
Rule Enforcement and Penalties
Violation of these Official Rules may, at Klic and THZ Productions’ discretion, result in penalties, disqualification, change in match results, loss of winner status, and/or forfeiture of prizes. All decisions and rulings of Klic and THZ Productions or Event Officials relating to the JMOT are final and binding. Klic and THZ Productions reserves the right to penalize any Competitor in the Competition at any level, at any time, for any reason. Penalties may include, but are not limited to, any or all of the following:
- Verbal warning
- An enforced 5-yard penalty (multiple enforcements allowed)
- Clock runoff for a specified amount of time
- Loss of down and a specified number of yards
- Loss of possession (i.e. forced punt)
- A deduction of points scored during a group stage
- Automatic game loss
- Disqualification from the Event
- Forfeiture of any registration fees to participate in an Event
- Loss of awards (including prize money and paid travel expenses)
- Disqualification of leaderboards that serve as qualifiers for Events
- Temporary or permanent suspension from the JMOT
Klic and THZ Productions also have the right to publicly announce penalties that have been levied on Competitors, and such Competitors hereby waive any right of legal action against Klic and THZ Productions, and any of its affiliates.
Klic and THZ Productions, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any Competitor at any time, for any reason, including but not limited to tampering with the entry process or the operation of the JMOT, or acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and reserves the right to void all associated entries. Klic and THZ Productions’ failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Organizing, running, and monitoring the JMOT and prize fulfillment, including for Competitors that win a prize, publishing Competitor names and countries of residence online or in any other media in connection with the JMOT, as described further below; and
- Any additional processing activities to which Competitors consent and/or acknowledge as applicable, such as sharing information with designated Event Officials, including for booking travel and soliciting feedback on the JMOT, gameplay and features of the Game.
Competitors have the right to access, withdraw, and correct their Personal Information. Competitors may request such action by visiting our Privacy Portal, https://jumpoff.gg/privacy/.
Please note that Klic and THZ Productions may request background investigations for Competitors that we invite to Live Events. Klic and THZ Productions may request Competitor consent and provide details about such investigations if applicable and necessary.
Release of Competitor Information
Winners List: Klic and THZ Productions will post a winner’s list online after all winners are confirmed within two (2) weeks after the end of each Event (each, a “Winners List”).
- Competitor grants to Klic and THZ Productions , EA and the NFL Entities the right to publish and otherwise use Competitor’s statistics and rankings in connection with the JMOT for any purpose, including for marketing and promotional purposes, without consent or compensation to Competitor.
- By accepting a prize, Competitor grants to Klic and THZ Productions , EA and the NFL Entities the right to use their Personal Information and any other information provided by Competitor, without further consent or compensation to Competitor, for the administration, marketing and promotion of the JMOT, unless otherwise noted below:
- Background info: Full name, country of residency, age, Platform Username(e.g., Xbox Live Gamertag, PSN ID, EA Account ID)
- Social Media info: Twitter handle, YouTube channel, Twitch account, Instagram username
- Photos: Any photos provided by Competitor to EA or photos of Competitor taken onsite at a Live Event
- Other Information for Event Officials only: Shirt size, dietary restrictions, mobile phone number
- Any other biographical information provided by Competitor (e.g., favorite professional sports teams players)
- Competitors acknowledge and agree that Klic and THZ Productions may provide their Account Information (name, Online ID, age, country, game play stats and scores, and email address) to the NFL Entities for the purposes of administering any and all Events, including without limitation that the NFL Entities may contact Player by email and/or other means.
Governing Law; Release of Liability
- Klic and THZ Productions’ decisions will be final and binding on all matters related to the JMOT.
- To the extent permissible by local law, the JMOT is governed by the laws of the State of California and all claims must be resolved in the United States.
- To the extent permissible by law, Competitor agrees to release and hold harmless Klic and THZ Productions and its agents from any and all liability or any injury, loss, damage, right, claim or action of any kind arising from or in connection with the JMOT or any JMOT-related activity, or the receipt, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of travel or any prize won.
Release of NFL Entities
Competitor irrevocably waives all claims against the National Football League, its member professional football clubs, NFL Ventures, Inc., NFL Ventures, L.P., NFL Properties LLC, NFL Enterprises LLC and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees (collectively, the “NFL Entities”) and agrees that the NFL Entities will have no liability or responsibility for any claims, damages, obligations, losses, injuries, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) claimed to be caused by participating in the JMOT or the acceptance, possession, shipping and handling, loss, use or misuse of any prize awarded. The NFL Entities have not offered or sponsored the JMOT in any way.
All commercial rights (including, without limitation, all marketing, and media rights) relating to the JMOT are reserved for Klic and THZ Productions.
Competitors shall not associate themselves with the JMOT and/or Klic and THZ Productions in any commercial manner, nor use any intellectual property rights of Klic and THZ Productions, nor shall they permit any third parties to do so, without the prior written consent of Klic and THZ Productions, which may be granted or withheld at Klic and THZ Productions’ sole discretion.
Any Competitor or a Competitor’s sponsor wishing to engage in any promotional or marketing activities with respect to the JMOT, including at any JMOT tournament venue, will need prior written consent from Klic and THZ Productions, which may be granted or withheld at Klic and THZ Productions’ sole discretion.
The recording and dissemination of images or footage of the JMOT for commercial purposes by or on behalf of any Competitor is strictly prohibited, except when explicitly authorized by Klic and THZ Productions.
LIVE EVENT GUIDELINES
CODE OF CONDUCT
1. Competitors must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner, maintaining an appropriate demeanor to spectators (including youth and minors), members of the press, tournament administrators, and to other Competitors. These requirements apply both offline and online, including with respect to social media conduct and activity on live streams. All Competitors are expected to adhere to the standards of sportsmanship and the JumpOff Rules of Conduct, available at jumpoff.gg/official-rules-information, at all times, including when not participating in JumpOff sanctioned events. Behaviors prohibited by the JumpOff Rules of Conduct include, but are not limited to:
- Violating any law, rule or regulation, as determined by JumpOff in its sole discretion;
- Using any software or program that damages, interferes with or disrupts a JumpOff Service or another’s computer or property;
- Interfering with or disrupting another player’s use of an JumpOff Service;
- Harassing, threatening, bullying, repeatedly sending unwanted messages or making personal attacks or statements about race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc. Hate speech is not tolerated;
- Publishing, posting, uploading, or distributing content, or organizing/participating in any activity, group or guild that JumpOff (acting reasonably) determines is inappropriate, abusive, hateful (e.g., expressing negative views about a person or group of people based on race, immigration status (e.g., alienage/citizenship status, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, or similar characteristics), harassing, profane, defamatory, slanderous, threatening, obscene, sexually explicit and/or exploitive, infringing, privacy-invasive, vulgar, offensive, indecent, unlawful or otherwise inconsistent with the goodwill of JumpOff, directed at JumpOff, its affiliates, and other competitors will not be tolerated;
- Using exploits, cheats, undocumented features, design errors or problems in an JumpOff Service;
- Selling, buying, trading or otherwise transferring or offering to transfer your JumpOff Account, any personal access to JumpOff Services, or any JumpOff Content associated with your JumpOff Account, including JumpOff Virtual Currency and other Entitlements, either within an JumpOff Service or on a third party website, or in connection with any out-of-game transaction, unless expressly authorized by JumpOff;
- Engaging in any other activity that significantly disturbs the peaceful, fair and respectful gaming environment of an JumpOff Service; or
- Promoting, encouraging or taking part in any prohibited activity described above.
2. Every Competitor is asked to maintain an adequate level of respect with the other Competitors, the referees, and the production team. Threatening behavior towards the production team, referees, and the other Competitors will not be tolerated. Incidents and punishment will be identified at the sole discretion of the tournament administrators. Competitors must abide by the instructions made by the tournament administrators at all times. All Competitors must follow Sponsor’s directions. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Competitor from the Competition at any level, any time, and for any reason.
3. Competitors will be asked to select a unique name to identify themselves for the online elimination and live produced broadcast. This name can be the same as their platform identifier, but is not required to be the same. The name must be unique from other Competitor names and must not be deemed vulgar by JumpOff.
During the Competition:
4. Abusive behavior, including harassment and threats is prohibited.
5. Fighting or any physical abuse directed at any Competitor, spectator, official or any other person is prohibited.
6. Damage and/or abuse to game consoles, controllers, or any provided tournament equipment is prohibited.
7. Any action that interferes with play of a game, including but not limited to purposely breaking a game station, interfering with power, and abuse of in-game pausing, is prohibited.
8. Gambling, including betting on the outcome of games, is prohibited.
9. Disclosure of any confidential information provided by JumpOff or any of its affiliates to any other people or groups of people, including via social media is prohibited.
10. All Competitors must make best efforts to make themselves available for post-tournament awards ceremonies, interviews, and the entirety of the live event and any promotional activities reasonably requested by JumpOff.
11. Additionally, during the competition, without limiting the foregoing obligations, Competitor is prohibited from engaging in any of the following activities:
- Nudity. Any display of nude or substantially nude genitalia, breasts, or buttocks or clothing that is revealing of the foregoing (wet t-shirts, see-through apparel, thongs, etc);
- Descriptions of sexual or excretory acts. Descriptions of sexual or excretory acts, even if the descriptions are made through euphemisms or without the use of sexual terms;
- Depictions of sexual or excretory acts. Depictions of sexual or excretory acts, even where participants are clothed or where it is obvious that the depicted activity is not actually occurring;
- Drug use. Depictions or references to illegal drugs, drug paraphernalia, or drug use, except where the clear purpose of the depiction or reference is to discourage illegal drug use;
- Encouraging violence or other criminal activity. Language or depictions that may reasonably be understood as encouraging violent or criminal activity, civil unrest, or violence against any person or group;
- Hateful language. Language expressing negative views about a person or group of people based on race, immigration status (e.g., alienage/citizenship status), national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, or similar characteristics);
- Coarse gestures. Gestures that may reasonably be understood to convey a message otherwise prohibited by these guidelines, including, by way of example, the display of the middle finger and gang signs;
- Animal cruelty. Any depiction of conduct in which a living or model animal is harassed, maimed, mutilated, tortured, wounded, or killed.
Collusion is defined as any agreement among two or more Competitors to cause
disadvantage to other Competitors in the Competition. Collusion between Competitors is strictly prohibited. Examples of collusion include, but are not limited to:
- Intentionally losing a match for any reason at any time during JumpOff or during qualification for Series Events;
- Playing on behalf of another Competitor, including using a secondary account, to aid them during JumpOff or during qualification for Series Events;
- Any form of match-fixing.
- Soft play, defined as a Competitor not taking reasonable and fair actions to gain advantages against their opponent during a match;
- Agreeing to split prize money.
14. Live Finals Drug & Alcohol Policy:
Competitors must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol while participating. Smoking, including the use of eCigarettes and vaporizers, is prohibited except in designated areas.
15. Live Finals Dress Code:
Competitors must wear attire appropriate to the circumstances and location at which the event is taking place.
16. Rule Enforcement and Penalties
At the discretion of tournament administration, penalties can be assessed for violations of rules or conduct not listed here both during and outside of the JumpOff Live Event that violates the spirit of a fair competition. Penalties that can be assessed include, but are not limited to the following:
- Verbal warning;
- A deduction of points scored during the competition
- Disqualification from the JumpOff Event;
- Loss of past, present, and/or future prize money;
- Temporary or permanent suspension from JumpOff.